SSAC Scholarship Program
PROGRAM GUIDELINES & PRIORITY
- Participants must be SSAC student-athletes who demonstrate leadership, dedication, and character as valued members of their athletic program, school, and community.
- Seeking only graduating seniors who have played a minimum of 1 year in an SSAC Varsity Athletic Program. Applicants must currently be a member of the school’s athletic program.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, un-weighted
- Minimum 250 word essay
- A Letter of Recommendation from Head Coach is required.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the student athlete’s selected University for the full scholarship amount.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their Principal, Athletic Director and Head Coach.
- The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee consisting of coaches from the SSAC scholarship committee.
The 2018 Scholarship Winner is Jacob Reeves from Christ's Church Academy in Jacksonville. This student athlete is a force on the field and in the classroom. As a dedicated student, member of the National Honor Society, recipient of the Association of Christian Schools International Distinguished Academic High School Student, and Discipleship Group Mentor, this young man has also learned valuable lessons on the football field playing in the SSAC. He believes that, “life lessons on loyalty, how to work with others, commitment, and perseverance are some of the many things I have learned. In a sense, you could say my time on this team has helped me become a man.”